Friday, February 5, 2010

I calculated some words and made a cool heatmap....



I don't think I can say what it represents, but I wanted to share it.  I will say that the bottom-most row (there's 1001 rows), represents reference values, and is entirely white.  As your eyes follow the rows up, each row represents a distance from that first row.  I was expecting this gradient (though small) to appear, and it did.  So, there you go.  My first word calculation... as an image... a random image... with no meaning.  Yay?

I'm becoming very interested in data visualization, and I hope to have some cool concepts to display in the future - as well as the means to say what they represent.  For now, you get this - a meaningless image.  Oh well... I did calculate words to create it though.  You have to trust me on that one.

Pick o' the Post #6: "The Lotus Eater" by Opeth on Watershed

No comments:

Post a Comment